Old December 27th 04, 02:37 PM
Gary Drescher

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
G. Sylvester wrote:
lacking force feedback makes a huge difference, but at least it will help
with the scan and basic procedures.

Agreed. I strongly recommend a force-feedback joystick for MS Flight
Simulator. It makes trimming the plane much more realistic. Rudder pedals,
too, help make the process of flying closer to the real thing. It's
certainly possible to practice IFR procedures without that degree of
realism, but then you have to develop a different style of flying for the
sim (which is the case anyway, but to a much greater degree when you don't
have the extra equipment). I wouldn't want to acquire the habit of making
turns without rudder input.

--Gary