Old June 25th 08, 03:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default Here's a question for the trolls and flight simmers

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:43:21 GMT, "Mike" wrote:

"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message
.. .

I know we beat on you guys a lot here but here is a serious question
for you to explore.

scenario: you are flying along on a bright sunny day with no cloud
cover. your wingspan is about 20 ft, fuselage length 14ft and
tailplane about 8ft span. your altitude is 4,500ft.

you look down below you in the exact opposite direction to the sun.

what do you see below you scooting along the ground below you?
is it a sharply defined shadow of your aircraft?
a fuzzy indistinct shadow of your aeroplane?
or what?

it is quite distinct and you can pick it from nearly a mile away.

....now pilots dont tell them. these guys are actually quite
intelligent but not in' hands on' aviation matters. they should be
able to work this out.

In the grand scheme of "hands on aviation matters", how many beans are in
this hill?

I notice that there are no attempts at an answer.