Old May 31st 07, 10:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
john smith[_2_]

Default "War of the Worlds" Aircraft - Liaison aircraft

In article k.net,
"William R Thompson" wrote:

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

"john smith" wrote:

"William R Thompson" wrote:

This is the plane that Clayton Forrester and Sylvia
van Buren use to escape the first battle.

Aeronca L-16

Looks more like a Chief. It's been some time since I've seen the film,
but
I believe the airplane had side-by-side seating. The L-16 had tandem
seating.

Here's a picture of the actors in the cabin. It's possible that they
used two different types of aircraft in the scene, so this picture
may not settle the identity question.

I based my L-16 comment on the vertical stabilizer/dorsal fin.