Old January 14th 10, 07:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter[_1_]

Default experimental to standard certificate

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:34:56 -0800, unclhank wrote:

On Jan 12, 11:02Â*pm, shkdriver
wrote:
Anyone ever purchase a used glider with an experimental certificate,say
for example, an ASW 19b, and change to a standard certificate? I
understand that some gliders were imported and flown as experimental
such as jantars, due to govermental restrictions on reciprocal
airworthiness circumstance. The ASW 19b has been given U.S. standard
certificates. Just wondering
Scott W.

--
shkdriver

The question I would ask is why?
'19 is old enough that it would almost certainly have a permanent
Experimental C of A. Thus no need for program letters and such.
Condition inspection by A&P, IA not required. I would be astonished if
it would add any value. Only reason I can think of might be a life
insurance policy that says - no experimental aircraft.
FWIW
UH

I believe that its not possible to export a glider (actually not possible
to obtain an Certificate of Airworthiness for Export from the USA), for
an aircraft that is on the experimental register. The FAA will only issue
them for standard airworthiness compliant aircraft.

So, in my case, if I ever decided to take a glider back to England, I'd
have to go through this process before I could think about shipping it.

Peter