Old January 16th 10, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default Re Exporting US experimental

On Jan 16, 8:50*am, Greg Arnold wrote:

I am pretty sure this is not true if you export to New Zealand. *I
exported an experimental LS-3 to NZ a few years ago, it now is flying in
NZ, and there was no Export C of A.

Therefore, a "document gap" is possible, at least in NZ.

I found that FAA provides the aircraft import requirements for various
states. UK is lumped in with other EU counties in this doc:

http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/air_cert...t/media/EU.pdf

My take from this is that for export to UK the documentation
requirements are driven by EASA not FAA.

Does anyone know of a German built glider with US experimental
certificate being imported from US to UK and being got though all the
paperwork to get a UK registration under the current EASA rules?

requirements for importing to other countries can be found here

http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/air_cert...sp_req_import/

It seems that NZ also requires an export airworthiness certification
but it does not state explicitly that it must be issued by US. Is it
possible that the original LBA export certificate is acceptable?

Exporting US registered gliders has been common at times when the
dollar is weak. Has this stopped happening because the export/import
regs cannot be met?

Andy