Old November 11th 07, 08:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
cobra64

Default SO WHAT DID YOUR PARENTS DO IN THE BIG WAR

SHIVER ME TIMBERS wrote:
Well after watching the Ken Burns series THE WAR ad naseum ad naseum,
I thought I'd come into the group today with one of my curious questions.

(Snip)

How about your folks.....

My father was already honorably discharged from the Army, and was working as a mechanic at an Army Air Corps fighter training base when Pearl Harbor was attacked. He was declared essential and worked there for the duration of the war. I had one uncle in the Sixth Armored Division, another in the Seventh Armored, one in a combat engineer outfit on Okinawa and later the occupation of Japan, one older cousin in the Army working on the Ledo road, and others that I don't know the details about. My wife's father was in L Company, 18 Infantry Regiment, First Infantry Division from North Africa all the way to Aachen, Germany where he met the million dollar wound.

I'm proud of them all.