Old November 12th 07, 03:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Steven Wagner

Default SO WHAT DID YOUR PARENTS DO IN THE BIG WAR

My father, John Wagner was an airplane mechanic in the 27th Troup
Carrier Sqn in the 14th Air Force and was discharged a Sargent. He flew
as crew chief in C47s over the Hump in the CBI theater. He went to basic
training in St Petersburg, Florida, a town he later moved to.

My mother, Doris, was a student in a West Virgina town taking shop and
drafting. The only female student in the classes.

Much of the rest of the family worked for the railroads.

Steve

In article ,
says...

Well after watching the Ken Burns series THE WAR ad naseum ad naseum,
I thought I'd come into the group today with one of my curious questions.

What did your parents, family, etc. do in the big WWII.

Mine worked at the Canada Car foundry in what was then called
Fort William, Ontario.

They were inspectors helping to make Hawker Hurricanes and later other
types of figthers including the Curtis Helldiver.

How about your folks.....