Old April 29th 10, 09:29 AM
vintagemxr vintagemxr is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkered View Post
If you ever run into him again, I'd like to know his name and if he'd be willing to talk to me that would be really great. My recollection is that the pilot's first name was Paul, but I could be wrong.

Unfortunately, my dad passed away 5 years ago. I know he would have liked to see an old crewmate.

I think my mom still has some pictures, but I don't remember any of the plane or the nose art, which was what originally prompted my search.
I'll try to make it out to the flying field this weekend and talk to some of the regulars. Most likely they will know the gentleman's name at least.

If I can track the man down I'll see if I can get him in contact with you. He may be a "snowbird" i.e. someone who lives elsewhere most of the year and only winters in AZ. Very common around here and those folks disappear long about the end of March and then re-appear in the Fall.

Do you know which bomber group your dad was in?