Old September 25th 04, 12:14 AM
ArtKramr

Subject: Marines unable to take Fallujah
From: nt (Krztalizer)
Date: 9/24/2004 2:14 PM Pacific Standard Time

But he never got within 50 miles of the place, spending most of his
time in Najaf, and Baghdad (Firebase Melody and Camp Marlboro).

There was a video on the web a while back of FB Melody taking a rocket
attack.
Glad your son is home safe, Bob!

The names of these temporary military encampments is always interesting. In
the closing days of WWII, tens of thousands of Allied bomber crewmen were
released from German captivity - they were sheparded into large tent cities
where they could be sorted out. The biggest was Camp Lucky Strike. I guess
the cigarette lobby was pretty powerful even back then...

v/r
Gordon
USN SAR

Its always better to lose -an- engine, not -the- engine.

Therre were lots of camps named after cigarettes. I went through Camp Pall Mall
when I rotated home in July of 1946. There was also a Camp Chesterfield.

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer