Old October 29th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Default Was: "Why I'm Not an A&P" - Now: Fixin' Stuff

Oh yeah, I own the "House from Hell". The former hillbillies who lived
here did everything on the cheap with "Bubba the carpenter".

Sounds like the hotel.

We have spent five years remodeling two 3-story buildings. Mary and I
do most of the work ourselves (I'm a much better carpenter than I am
A&P!), but we're smart enough to farm out stuff like plumbing,
roofing, and (most of all) drywall. I HATE drywall.

I have discovered so many slip-shod, cheapest-possible modifications
and repairs over the years, it's hard to imagine. I'd be willing to
bet that 40% of the work we've done has been directly related to
repairing stuff that was screwed up by previous carpenters/workers/
plumbers/electricians...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA