Old October 5th 18, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

Default Shooting down UAVs

On Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 8:24:03 PM UTC-6, S9 wrote:
https://www.faa.gov/uas/ - information on drone regulations. stay under 400' unless operating under waiver.

On Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 1:19:43 PM UTC-5, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Interesting, while I am not well versed in drone rules, I thought most cases were they were to be below 500'AGL, especially within a few miles of an airport.
Sorta seems like, if there is a local airport of any kind, legally ALL drones (10 year old with a present, having fun) could get the drone shot down in that area.

Curious what the FAA says, since they sorta have "sovereign rights of US airspace". They, as a US federal branch, sorta gets ****ed at state and local government trying to take control, let alone citizens.

Unfortunately RC Sailplanes are now considered drones and this will end RC Soaring in the United States if the AMA can not get waivers for community based self regulation.

Mike