Old May 15th 05, 04:27 AM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Sat, 14 May 2005 21:18:31 -0500, A Lieberman
wrote:

Thanks Ron!

You're welcome.

A few things to keep in mind:

1. Low visibility *circling* approaches are tough. And they get more
tough with faster/larger a/c. I have been told that a number of the
commercial carriers are far more restrictive with regard to circling
approaches than the FAA minimums.

2. There are many non-precision approaches (although MBO is not one of
them) where, if you do not see the airport until reaching the MAP, you will
not be "continuously in a position from which a descent to a landing on the
intended runway can be made at a normal rate of descent using normal
maneuvers" which is one of the requirements to operate below the MDA
(91.175).

3. I think your DSL is faster than my wireless ISP. But it was an
interesting video. I've not done anything like that, but I can see where
it could be a great learning tool.

And you'll get used to compensating for the wind as you gain more
experience; but we all still screw up from time to time, in any number of
ways.

Always remember to have fun. And remember:

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad
judgement" :-)