Old January 15th 04, 06:55 PM
J. Ramos

In article ,
says...

I'm in the process of taking flying lessons and working toward my
license. Does anyone in this NG fly their private plane for a
business commute? If so, is it possible to get tax deductions for
travel expenses? I'm just thinking ahead.
Out of curiosity, how many here have an accountant for taxes, and
how many file on their own? I've used an accountant for years, but
most people I know do it online now. I'm trying to decide if I
should switch this year.

Warm wishes,
Chad Munroe
remove delete to email

This link has some specifics on when aviation fuel etc. can be
deducted:
http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq-kw239.html

I've always done my own taxes. It's not difficult, just
frustrating, but far less so if you do it online. Last year I used
TaxBrain, which is probably one of the better known websites. Some
people prefer to buy software too, which I can't understand.