Old January 21st 19, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_18_]

Default Great Basin Soaring

Has anybody been following the proposed Fallon airspace expansion?

They want to launch long range weapons through some of the airspace that a lot of us have been using for long flights. My fighter pilot friends say that they fire the new guided weapons a long way from the target, less likely they’ll be shot down during the attack.

We’re allowed into MOAs but looks dangerous to me. I heard that the last time this was attempted, it was stopped by a bunch of ranchers with the help of senator Senator Reid.

EIS comment period still open. Environmental Impact Statements look at the impact of the proposal on people in the area so we can leave comments on how it would affect us.

https://frtcmodernization.com/

Jim Dingess
Boulder City, Nevada