Old November 19th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.misc
Reef Fish

Default Airbus A380 in Arizona

Reef Fish wrote:
User wrote:
Spotted on Interstate 10 about 75 miles east of Tucscon, Arizona, on
the afternoon of 11/17:

A large convoy of trucks guiding an oversized load. The oversized
load appeared to be a fuselage section about 75 feet long, and
significantly larger in diameter than a 747. And the whole package
was labeled "Airbus A380". (Sorry I don't have more detail. It was
my brother who saw this. Briefly. From the opposite lanes of
traffic. And since I work in the commercial aircraft industry he
called me to see if I knew what it was.)

Any idea what this could have been? I thought all the big parts of
the 380 were being manufactured in Europe and Great Britain.

In France.

An Airbus A380 had a test flight (with a crew of 78) that landed in
Kowloon (Hong Kong) HKG yesterday. It was front page news
here in Hong Kong. :=)

It was front page headline "RUNWAY MONSTER World's biggest
passenger jet lands at Chek Lap Kok" but page 3 news in Sunday
Morning Post (South China publication).

"The aircraft - the third unit to roll off the production line in
Toulouse,
France -- flew to Hong Kong on a stringent flight testing routing that
will see five of the planes circle the world three times in 18 days
before the A380's expected certification for commercial use next
month."

-- Reef Fish Bob.