Old May 10th 18, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Soaring not compatible with modern society?

On Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 7:56:12 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I believe prime opinion of this thread is misdirected.

If you think risk avoidance is "The Barrier" - then you do not watch much TV - Old fashion style sports have been replaced by X Game type sports - kids throw themselves off mountains and ramps on pretty much anything with wheels or is slippery. Watch today's winter Olympics and tell me how kids are becoming less risk takers.

- seems to me that the vast majority of people these days - even youngsters - like WATCHING (via electronic screens) other people engage in those extreme sports. But they don't PARTICIPATE in anything like that themselves, due to risk aversion (their own, or their parents or spouses), and lack of time (but there's somehow time to spend hours online every day).