Old July 22nd 04, 07:06 PM
CV

Michael 182 wrote:
"C J Campbell" wrote in message

good review snipped

I would say that this airplane still beats the Cirrus hands down.

I have a TR-182, and I'm looking at used Cirrus SR-22. What are the key
reasons for your statement?

Michael

From one thing to another, it is rather surprising to see a relative
newcomer on the market using "Cirrus" as a brand name, when there
have already been aircraft with that name in existance for quite
a number of years, and there are still large numbers of them
flying around in different parts of the world.

http://www.standardcirrus.org/

Did the manufacturer Schempp-Hirth not protect the "Cirrus" brand
name in the US ? A rather serious omission that, if it allows
others to clown around with their product name like this.

Would this possibly cause difficulties in some countries for the
makers of this power-"Cirrus" if they wanted to export it ?

Just wondering ...

CV