Old October 22nd 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

Default Connecting hoses to pitot/static tubes

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 23:24:01 -0400, "Morgans" wrote:

What is the best way to secure plastic tubing to aluminum pitot tubes.
The plastic hose will slide over the aluminum tube, though it requires
quite a bit of push to get more than 1/2". Would a couple of spring
clamps work, or is something more significant called for?

I put a twist of safety wire around it....

Do you go around it twice before twisting, to avoid "bunching" ?

"You only go around once in life...."

....and so do my pitot/static safety wires. Maybe that explains my 150 knot
cruise. :-)

Ron Wanttaja