Old October 22nd 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Natalie

Default Connecting hoses to pitot/static tubes

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 02:22:19 GMT, Ernest Christley wrote:

What is the best way to secure plastic tubing to aluminum pitot tubes.
The plastic hose will slide over the aluminum tube, though it requires
quite a bit of push to get more than 1/2". Would a couple of spring
clamps work, or is something more significant called for?

I put a twist of safety wire around it....

I've got these non reusable clamps that I have on my soda lines
(which are under pressure) in my kitchen. You have to have a little
tool (looks like a pair of end nippers) to squeeze them on.