Old July 13th 09, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Del C[_2_]

Default SAFE Winch Launching

At 15:01 13 July 2009, Wayne Paul wrote:
After watching this thread deteriorate, it reminds me why I stopped =
participating in the WinchDesign Yahoo news group. The discussions =
became personal, agressive, angry, and absent of civility.

I really wish this thread would change its' tone, or move back to the =
WinchDesign group.

I started this thread off trying to promote winch launching as a safe,
environmentally friendly and low cost means of launching gliders. Most
gliding clubs in Germany, Holland, the UK and the Eastern European
countries do the majority of their launches this way.

The problem is Bill Daniels. I have no idea what his true agenda is: Maybe
to build up a US winch building empire? However the BGA winching advisor,
who knows everything there is to know about winch launching, has also
given up posting on the Winch Design Group in disgust.

Derek Copeland