View Single Post
Old December 30th 18, 07:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Looking for A-14 (or similar) - Thread Drifting...

I dislike border crossing myself. I'm considering going to Ephrata next year but I always have the fear that I'll end up detained on the way down or not allowed back into Canada on the way back:-) Everyone I know who has made the trip says it's a great place to fly and it would be nice to soar in an area where the Fraser River isn't one of the best choices in case of a landout.

I remember the trailer was one the club had made back in the early 90's (before my time) specifically for the two new L-23's they had just purchased. The single L-13 trailer was sold with the older L-13 a few years previously when it hit the airframe life-limit. We lost one of the L-23's soon after purchase and we got a replacement which came with an enclosed trailer so the open L-23 trailer was adapted for the L-13. I recall having to make the leading edge saddle supports taller so the L-13 "tip-tanks" would clear the frame. I know we also had to do some sort of kludge to how the tail end of the fuselage was secured but for the life of me can't remember what we did.