Old March 22nd 05, 04:10 AM
RST Engineering

Default O-470 cylinders

As most of you know, I threw a jug in east BF Wyoming coming home from
Oshkosh last year. I put on an emergency cylinder from a reputable shop,
but the serial number indicated that this replacement jug has been around
for a long, long time.

I'm getting ready for the summer flying season, the Oshkosh trip, and
perhaps an Alaska trip next summer. I want to put on a good replacement jug
and perhaps a full set of replacement jugs once the top end of the engine
starts to deteriorate.

I'm told that Millenium is the jug of choice today, but I'd like some
comments...

If YOU were putting a replacement jug on an O-470 today, what would YOU use?
And who would you buy it from if you could supply an A&P/IA number to ship
it to?

Jim