Old February 21st 18, 05:26 AM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Hoult View Post
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 11:26:22 PM UTC+3, Dan Daly wrote:
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 2:07:16 PM UTC-5, son_of_flubber wrote:
I stumbled across a young 150 hour glider pilot online, who had recently seen a low pass on a Grand Prix video. He thought 'that was neat', and so he decided to 'try that at home' on his own. He landed cleanly on his first attempt.

Define "cleanly"... I imagine that it may possibly be "dirtily" as well.

I would imagine most people are self taught. How many organisations put "How to execute competition finishes" in their dual training syllabus?

They perhaps *should*.

Fortunately it's not that hard to do provided you do the pull up before the speed has decayed too much. Anyone trained on winch should be able to figure it out, and those with a ridge nearby can practice pull-ups and reversal turns to circuit speed there safely.
It's part of the available training syllabus in New Zealand

http://gliding.co.nz/wp-content/uplo...MOAP-AL-26.pdf

Appendix 2-I Final Glides pg 103

:-) Colin