Old March 16th 04, 12:15 PM
Stu Gotts

What's listed in books and what you can actually get are often two
different things, even when the aircraft is new. Now add 40 years of
mods, interior changes, repairs, etc. and you start off with more
weight than the factory model. Add wear and tear to the airframe and
control surfaces, along with the engine and you do not get an airplane
that will fly as good as a new plane. Plus, you should consider what
the aircraft will consistently do in smooth air, not a speed that it
can get up to for a while or what someone will use while flight
planning.

With that said, the Debbies are great planes that will be faster than
any of its similarly powered competitors other than it's big brother,
the real Bonanza. Way overpriced, but they don't look like they'll be
getting any cheaper. Remember they are the economy version of the
Bonanza.

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 23:35:13 -0800, Jeff wrote:

why is it BS?
just curious since I dont know **** about them.

Stu Gotts wrote:

That's bull****!

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:50:27 -0600, "Brinks"
wrote:

I've been out looking at the early Debonairs with the IO-470-J or -K in
them. The books I've looked at and the info in TAP say they cruise at 148
knots (I'm assuming at 75% power), and I was wondering if there was anyone
out there who had any "real" numbers on cruise speeds. Thanks!

Chris