Old August 13th 05, 10:11 PM
Mark Manes

I bought the Clarity Aloft set at Oshkosh last year. It works OK with
glasses, that's one reason I wanted to
try it (sunglasses & a cap). And the noise suppression is better than you
would think it should be.. I still use
my Bose unless I'm going to a meeting or something where I don't want the
headset hair look. The main complaint I have is the Clarity Aloft is not
Stereo compatable, so when I listen to my XM Radio it sounds pretty bad.
They may be stereo now, if that's an issue I would ask before I buy. I only
have 3 ANR headsets and I dont hesitate to use the Clarity Aloft and let
the other pax use the ANRs if there are 4 of us in the plane

Mark

"Charles" wrote in message
I'd like to hear anyone's experience with one of the headsets like the
Lighspeed L1 or Mach 1, or the Clarity Aloft headset. I really like
the idea of them, if they work. Besides the obvious questions of noise
attenuation, comfort and sound quality, I'd like to know if they
interfere with glasses - it looks like some or all of them hook over
the top of the ear. I'm also concerned about hearing protection, since
I've heard that earplugs aren't the best in this regard, since sound
can transmit through the head and cause hearing loss even if it sounds
quiet.