Old July 9th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.misc
John A. Weeks III

Default What Airplane Is This?

Please take a look at these two photos, and let me know
if you know what make/model these airplanes a

http://www.johnweeks.com/tmp/fof1.jpg
http://www.johnweeks.com/tmp/fof2.jpg

These two aircraft look to be identical. The photos were
taken during a driving rain on July 2 at a building across
the highway from the Fantasy Of Flight air museum in Polk
City, Florida. FOF is located about halfway between Orlando
and Tampa Bay on I-4. I think that the fuselages are upside
down, but I am not even sure of that. They appear to be
patrol bombers, or maybe large flying boats, but in looking
though books and photos that I have, they don't seem to match
anything that I am familiar with. The only thing that looks
close would be B-24 with a custom greenhouse nose.

Any ideas?

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications