Old December 25th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Default Wax, Teflon, Wx?

Best place to check is Consumer Reports. They rate waxes now and again, for
protection, shine and ease of use. From a decade ago, Nu-Finish came in
number 1, but in more recent reviews it was beaten by others. I still use it
though, because it's easy to find (orange bottle), readily available
(Wal-Mart etc), goes on nicely, and seems to work well.

All I want for Christmas is to go flying today.

bumper

"Guy Acheson" wrote in message
Getting ready for the winter plane projects. The question
comes up every year...what to smear over the gel coat.
Is there any credible comparison of wax vs PTFE vs
Wx?
I don't want to hear about avoiding silicones because
that seems to be a non-issue since refinishers don't
have much of a problem doing repairs and repainting.

Guy