Old December 26th 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Sarangan

Default Merry Christmas and Lawn mowers

As I woke up this fine christmas morning to the sound of obnoxious
lawn mowers, not just one, but a whole battalion of them, I can't help
but wonder what happened to all the peace of quietness this day is
supposed to typify. Whats up with this riutal of mowing your lawn
early Xmas morning, in below freezing temperatures? Our whole family
was up angry and irritated at the high decibel noise outside our
bedroom windows. We live under a busy airport traffic pattern, and I
can't ever remember being woken up by airplane noise. But the same
neighborhood that complains about airplane noise seems to think
nothing of lawn mowers and leaf blowers that run for many hours
straight right outside their windows. It's much worse in the summer,
but it seems winter is no exception either.

I've always been tempted to do a noise pollution study comparing lawn
mowers to airplanes. This just might become my New Years resolution.