Old June 18th 04, 03:41 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Dav1936531" wrote in message
From: Nuk

I'd say he was planning hit a squad of Marines, or a Humvee or APC or
similar, but they saw him first and he found himself staring down the
barrels of a few US Marines...

Nah, you can see the bullets kick up clouds of dust in the street from

both the
chest and head shots. Whomever got him plainly shot him from a roof top,

i.e.,
it was probably a sniper watching over a patrol....not a patroller.

How many snipers do you know who use tracers? Smart money would instead be
on him being engaged by an overwatching element (when contact is expected,
bounding overwatch being the preferred maneuver scheme).

As I mentioned before, I think the Marine snipers are using bolt actions,
however, I have seen some pics of US Army snipers carrying tricked up M-14
sniper variants. I am thinking this guy was had by an Army sniper because

of
the quick follow-up shot. Consequently, I also doubt this video is from

the
Fallujah action, since it was the Marines laying siege in Fallujah.

Most Army snipers use a Remington bolt action (M-24 IIRC) these days; your
"tricked up" M-14 (actually known as the M-21) has been in the decline (if
it is not completely replaced already) for years now.

Brooks

I'm still trying to figure out why he was in the middle of a street,
no cover, no camo... stupid, stupid, stupid...

It's a "jihad" for Allah. Rationality plays little part.

One wonders just exactly what the insurgents even think they are trying to
accomplish. What will surely result if they gain supremacy is chaos, civil

war,
and the weakening of Iraq making it a tempting invasion target for the

likes of
Iran. So, if they think they are fighting for the good of Iraq, they are

merely
deluding themselves.
Dave