Old July 27th 03, 04:11 AM
Rupert

I think we might be seeing some of the last gasps from Boeing - they
certainly look to be on their knees at the moment, esp with the very empty
orders book -

http://active.boeing.com/commercial/orders/index.cfm

A total of 143 aircraft - and only one 747, compare to Airbus with 199, 21
one these being A380's

http://www.airbus.com/doc/media/orde...s/od_jun03.xls

"news" wrote in message
LOS ANGELES, July 25 (UPI) -- The Boeing Co. has been hit
with some of the harshest penalties ever imposed on a defense
contractor.
The Air Force took away at least $1 billion worth of rocket
contracts Thursday and suspended the aerospace giant from future
rocket work.
The Air Force said it was punishing Boeing for its "serious
violations of federal law" when it illicitly obtained thousands of
pages of trade secrets from aerospace rival Lockheed Martin Corp.,
the Los Angeles Times said Friday.
Air Force Undersecretary Peter B. Teets called the number of
Lockheed documents in Boeing's possession -- more than 25,000 pages
-- "extraordinary."
The Air Force said it would take away seven rocket contracts
worth about $1 billion from Boeing and give them to Lockheed,
leaving Boeing with contracts for 12 rockets and giving Lockheed 14.
In the initial competition, Lockheed won only seven contracts.