Old March 27th 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stella Starr

Default A.N.N. BUSTED! Just Bought A Plane? STAY OUT OF FLORIDA !

Jay Maynard wrote:

I strongly doubt the AOPA is in the habit of crying wolf.

Actually, I look at the Friday spam...er, newsletter, with new
skepticism since a few years ago when they expounded on the dreadful new
South Dakota requirement for a photo ID for "all pilots."

I corresponded with the state DOT aviation guy, who patiently explained
that they do ask for some local ID from in-state pilots, but who'd been
getting toasted by many out-of-staters complaining about the erroneous
impression the AOPA article gave. It's not the only time I've found
Boyer over-dramatizing a situation, like several actions by Minnesota's
Metropolitan Airports Commission, just for the sake of having an issue
that looks more controversial than it really is. "We're bravely fighting
for you again this week!"

It's a great organization. I'm just sayin'...