Old August 11th 05, 11:49 PM
Simon Hobson

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 7:08:08 +0100, ShawnD2112 wrote
(in message ) :

Are you kidding? Have you ever tried to find an ANO reference for anything?
I can't make heads or tails out of that silly document.

You're much more technically correct that I intended to be. I was only
trying to point out the original poster was in error about the IMC rating.

If you are referring to my post at 9:02 yesterday, then please go back and
read it again - I did NOT mention IMC rating or flying in IMC, only IFR !

IFR is not the same as IMC, you can easily fly IFR in VMC.

I wrote :

Not to mention that in the UK a basic PPL with no ratings can fly IFR,
and only needs a Night Qualification to fly at night. I understand
that elsewhere, any night flying (as here) is IFR, and IFR is not
allowed without a full IR.

Hence even night flying requires an IR outside the UK.

In hindsite I suppose I should qualify that statement as "Hence even night
flying requires an IR IN MANY COUNTRIES outside the UK." since I am aware
that the UK is not the only place that allows night flight without an IR.