Old February 3rd 15, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

Default K2 vs. StarkPower LiFePo4 batteries

I'll preface my remarks with the statement that I sell K2 batteries.

The K2's are made in the USA, not Chinese knock-offs. K2 pays a fee to the patent holder while the knock-off's do not. K2 has also had their batteries UL certified and listed.

These items account for some of the price difference.

The K2 also have a higher Watt-hour rating at 123 vs 115 for the Stark and the K2 are rated for 25 amp continuous discharge vs 15 for the Stark. The K2's also have a better temperature range.

In my opinion, the K2 is a superior product and is worth the extra cost.

I sell K2 batteries with the protection module for $150 US and chargers for $30 US and will have some on hand at the Seniors at Seminole Lake. For any one interested in purchasing a K2, contact me at the address below.

Dave Springford
dave at foxonecorp dot com