Old January 22nd 19, 11:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default lightweight Libelle 201b

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 08:02:45 +0000, Pete Startup wrote:

Just weighed 201 s/no. 178, 205.56kgs empty.

NDH but has 8kgs ballast in the nose to bring the empty and flight CG's
to a sensible place.Very light panel.

You need more toys in your panel and a bit less ballast :-)

On a slightly more serious note, when I got mine we weighed it and found
the CG was pretty much on the aft limit, which bothered the inspector.
Some investigation found 800g of lead screwed to the fin's main spar and,
judging by a bit of paint overspray on it and the log, it had been there
for years. We took it out and the CG returned to factory standard. Since
full forward trim range runs out at a fairly low cruise speed (I'm quite
light) its just as well we found and removed the lead.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org