Old January 14th 07, 12:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Blueskies

Default Building a New Mighty Grape

Hey Jay, do you have a grounding cable on The Grape? If so do you know where who makes it?

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message oups.com...
: Now, does anyone know where I can find replacement hydraulic pistons to
: replace the ones that used to hold up the back and side windows on the
: topper? I'm tired of them hitting me in the back of the head!
:
: Most car parts stores carry them. They get used a lot on hatchbacks and
: sometimes on hoods. If it's an aftermarket topper, the store may not
: have a way to look up the right part - your best bet is probably to find
: out how many different kinds you have (by inspection) and take one each
: of the old ones to the store and match them up.
:
: This is exactly what I did today, and we now have topper windows that
: pop up -- and stay up.
:
: They're not cheap -- between $15 and $20 apiece at "O'Reilley's Auto
: Parts" -- but, wow, what a difference. To not have the danged windows
: falling on your head while refueling is a small, but very nice,
: thing...
: --
: Jay Honeck
: Owner/Innkeeper