Old June 15th 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

Default PHIL BOYER: 40% OF AOPA MEMBERS ARE SIGNIFICANTLY DECREASING THEIR FLYING DUE TO FUEL PRICES

"kontiki" wrote in message

Why do you have mixed feelings about it? My feelings about it are not at all
mixed.

Obviously I hate to see good folks get hurt, and these fuel prices hurt our
entire economy.

On the other hand this will finally force us to use energy in a more rational
manner. For example; there is no reason why we should be commuting to work in
gas guzzlers. Have you noticed the difference in the car lots? I am finally
seeing more and more small cars displayed in the front row while the SUVs and
pickups are gradually being relegated to the back rows.

Vaughn