Old June 21st 05, 03:33 AM

Stubby wrote:
Suppose you are in the final quarter of a loop maneuver, looking at the
ground. Your speed is high and you are pulling back hard to bring the
plane back to level. Can that result in a stall?

One can most easily burble the wings across the top of a loop by
holding a touch too much pressure... it happens all the time. What
takes real skill is stalling it over and over and over again all the
way around. :-)

My Decathlon-calibrated arm automatically pulls the right amount of
pressure to loop the airplane. When it encountered a loop in an Extra
300 for the first time, it was still giving Decathlon-scale tugs to an
airplane that really didn't want or need all that much help. I must
have stalled it about 8 or 10 times going around that first loop. I
was working and sweating and grunting and wondering what in the
slam-hell was going on while the GIB was laughing at me so hard he
almost cried.

She stalled going straight up and going straight down, going fast and
going slowly, and every possible combination thereof.

The only saving grace to such a miserable performance? If I could just
repeat it exactly a few more times, I can name it!

-Dave Russell
N2S-3