Old September 30th 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default UFO HeliThruster and IFR?

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 02:09:00 GMT, "Vaughn Simon"
wrote in
:

"Vaughn Simon" wrote in message
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver.../5249/a18a.htm

Another certified autogyro, the McCulloch J-2:
http://dayton.hq.nasa.gov/IMAGES/SMA...000-001904.jpg

Vaughn

And, of course, there is this early autogiro:

http://www.aviation-history.com/airm...t-Autogiro.htm
Pitcairn PCA-2 Autogiro
Amelia Earhart’s second Autogiro crash is known from a single
source, a letter39 to author Susan Butler from Helen Collins
MacElwee, sister of Amelia’s New York, Philadelphia and Washington
Airway Corporation (NYPWA) colleague Paul Collins. Paul Collins
and his sister Helen witnessed the second accident. After a
"rather erratic" Autogiro flight she made after taking off from
the airfield in Camden, New Jersey, she "finally landed on a
fence. Amelia stepped out frustrated and furious, and announced,
"I’ll never get in one of those machines again. I couldn’t handle
it at all." Earhart’s third accident in an Autogiro occurred
during her subsequent Beech-Nut tour while at the Michigan State
Fair in Detroit, Michigan on September 12, 1931. Attempting a slow
landing in front of the grandstand, she failed to level off in
time and dropped twenty feet to the ground. She wrote her mother:
"My giro spill was a freak accident. The landing gear gave way
from a defect and I ground-looped only. The rotors were smashed as
usual with giros, but there wasn’t even a jar."

Photographs of ten gyrocopters he
http://www.gyrosaway.com/MoreAbout.htm

The Magni Gyro M-16 is in current production in Italy, and available
for purchase in the US: http://www.magnigyro.com/
Photographs:
http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...nct_entry=true