Old June 25th 14, 06:57 PM
TallTex TallTex is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark and Kim Smith View Post
told me that his uncle flew or was on a crew that flew the B17's into
Oahu three hours after the attack on Pearl Harbor. He then went on to
tell me that his uncle went on to fly B29's in the Pacific, his
particular bomber was call the Cock Wagon. The nose art depicted a
rooster pulling a wagon. Did some googling and came up with nothing.
Anyone come across such a ship or pics on the web?

My coworker promised to bring in some pics. I told him we could scan
them, maybe post them at heavybombers.com to help preserve them for
future generations. Any other suggestions on what to do with them once
scanned? TIA
Old thread caught my eye. My father's brother Alton Radel "AR" Henson from Donley County, TX was a "Radio Man" on a B-29 in the South Pacific but he never spoke much about his WWII service when we were around him. I do recall he and my father talking one time that his plane was called "The Cock Wagon" and nose-art was a Rooster pulling a pin-up gal in a wagon. However, he stated by the end of the war the B-29 was so shot up they changed the name to "The Patch Wagon." Not sure if that was a joke or his recall. AR Henson passed in April 2007. Check out this recent video of my good friend Lisa Rich-Hunter's father Bill. The CAF included shots of Bill's recent visit to the San Marcos hangar. https://vimeo.com/95343052
Bill was a "Radio Man" on a B-25 in the South Pacific. Lisa and Bill took a ride on a B-29 at the recent air show where the B-29 was present.

TallTex, Austin, TX