Old March 21st 17, 01:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Confor foam cushions - firmness?

I bought all 3 types after a back injury a few years ago. and I try to convince anyone who will listen to use this stuff.

I use 1" blue over 1' green in the seat bottom and 1' blue on the back. I gave the pink away (it is pretty useless for back protection).

If you begin to use it and it is cold out - you will think it is too stiff, BUT it is NOT - your body heat will soften it up quickly - just bring it in your home at room temps and you will see.

I would not fly a glider without this stuff - I made is do I bring it with me when I use other gliders just google "glider back injury" ....... you will be convinced. We sit in a position that required very little impact to create a huge back problem.

my $.02

WH