Old August 23rd 03, 07:34 AM
Kevin O'Brien

Default White Lightning?

In article , Brian H says...

Anyone know who currently owns the IP/molds for the White Lightning kit
plane

Nope.

and what's the latest? Will kits ever be sold again?

I believe the project is moribund, and think that kits are very
unlikely to reappear. This is not a time when capital investment
is flowing into sport aviation.

Are plans
available?

Never have been.

Once the official website was he
http://www.reflexfiber.com/
It's dead, Jim.

Here is a reprint of a Sport Aviation article:
http://www.studiomoonart.com/whitelightning.htm\

It was last represented, AFAIK, by Tom Giertz (son of Lars
Giertz and principal of Giertz Aviation).
http://members.tripod.com/~TomGiertz...lightning.html
(again, it's dead Jim. Clicking is a waste of time....)

A business directory from last year placed Tom at a company
called aircraftmarketplace.com, but he is not listed on their
contacts page today.

Last contact info I had for his company:
Tom Giertz Giertz Aviation Services
Houston Southwest Airport-KAXH
503 McKeever Road
Arcola, Texas 77583
voice 281.431.1440 fax 281.431.432

There are a couple pictures of Tom from '97 on this Dutch
mirror of Lars Giertz's website (RIP Lars)
http://www.webcamsue.nl/vmax.html

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

cheers

-=K=-