Old January 15th 11, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott[_7_]

Default Mandating Radios? (WAS: Another midair in the pattern)

On 1-15-2011 19:19, JJ Sinclair wrote:
Scott& Bob,
If we suck a glider through a jet at a unicom airport, mandatory
radios will be the least of our worries. Many 'uncontrilled' airports
are quite large with passenger carrying jets using them, Minden,
Truckee and Montague to list some in region11. Your so called 'right'
to enter the pattern at these airports without announcing your
presents,... stops with the passangers 'right' to arrive unscaved.
JJ

Well, I knew it wouldn't be long before a ****ing contest arose. What
gives passenger "A" any more "right" to arrive at the airport that MY
"right" to arrive? So, if I understand you correctly, MY rights STOP if
it interferes with YOUR rights? I think I have the right not to get
sucked into the turbine because the pilot (of the turbine) was not
looking out the window to see me.

I'm not against radios. I have one. I use it. I do NOT depend on it
to alert me to traffic. That is why I continue to take the eye test at
physical time.

I don't need the government to 'mandate' something additional that is
clearly already in the statutes (see and avoid).