Old January 21st 04, 04:02 PM
Alistair Wright

"Martin Gregorie" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:01:07 -0000, "David Starer"
wrote:

Well Martin, you and I both know that whenever you land out in the UK there
will shortly be police car and a crowd of gawpers asking where the 'crash'
is! In more than twenty C/C flights I always encountered this response.
Even when I showed people that my engine hadn't fallen off, they still often
could not comprehend the idea of flying without one. So much for our
'air-minded public I used to think. On two occasions some local worthy
actually summoned the Fire Brigade who were NOT amused to find no crash and
certainly no fire.

Gliding will never attract the Beeb because there is no money in it and you
cannot package it for TV. There have been a few ,very few, programmes about
gliding over the 7 decades since the sport started but I wouldn't like to
guess when the next one might be.

Alistair Wright