Old February 18th 05, 08:07 PM
Michael

Peter wrote:
I can build one allright. I just wondered what is involved in getting
such an approval for making something like this.

What's mostly involved is spending a bunch of money. The approval
comes from the MIDO, but they won't even talk to you unless you have a
thick sheaf of documents generated by a DER. In theory, this is
someone who knows what he is doing. In practice, it's a cushy
retirement gig for FAA bureaucrats.

You would like to think that the PMA would assure some level of quality
and reliability, but all it assures is a nice retirement income for an
'engineer' who was never employable in the private sector.

Michael