Old November 28th 05, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Saratoga Gear Retract Problem

Well George, I don't know the first thing about your plane, but it seems a
straightforward way of troubleshooting the symptoms would be to place a
manually operated switch in the circuit in place of the hydraulic pressure
switch.
Another way to rule it in/out would be to put a test light on the load side
of the switch, see if it goes on/off when the pump does. Also, do you have a
way to monitor the hydraulic pressure while this is taking place? Perhaps
there is a partial blockage or other problem in the lines or in the
hydraulic actuators, causing the pressure to shoot up.

--
Hello, my name is Mike, and I am an airplane addict...

"Yahoo! News" wrote in message
t...
During day one of my 2000 Saratoga's annual today my mechanic and I

observed
the following problem. If anyone has some experience with this or they

have
a mechanic that has experience with this I would love to hear about it:

snip

Again if anyone has some insights on my gear retract symptoms I would sure
like to hear about it. If you believe our theory about the pressure limit
switch being bad is unlikely and that it would be wiser to go down another
path I would also like to hear about that too. My mechanic and I will be
all over this tomorrow so if you know anything about this post what you
know.

- George