Old June 20th 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jim Logajan

Default Future of Electronics In Aviation

wrote:
Have you ever known reliablility and correctness testing to be either
easy or cheap, particularly when dealing with life critical systems?

No.

I now think I probably shouldn't have entered this thread. My own ideas
about system development don't appear to agree with either the idealistic
and inexperienced/naive views expressed by Le Chaud Lapin or necessarily
with your hard earned cynicism. Well, cynicism doesn't quite contain the
nuanced meaning that your real position probably entails, so forgive me
that it doesn't characterize your full position.

I think I might have argued from a different perspective than you, or at
least used a different set of arguments, not that I nessarily disagree with
your general thrust. I wouldn't, for example, have used some the anecdotes
you used - which for some reason bothered me, but in retrospect it isn't
like any of us get paid to insure every post is rigorously logical!