Old August 29th 03, 02:48 AM
Snowbird

Jim Weir wrote in message . ..
(Snowbird)
-Can you expand on this? It was at least one mechanic's opinion
-it was not suitable for installation in certificated aircraft.

Happy to. To quote from an FAA publication, "...it is the INSTALLING
MECHANIC'S opinion as to the airworthiness of a repair or modification...".
You don't like one mechanic's opinion? Find another mechanic.

- I just wouldn't
-want anyone to buy it from me and have their IA refuse to sign it
-off or run into some other hassle.

You are doing it bass-ackwards. You find the IA *first* and run it by them
before you buy it. Don't like that IA's opinion, find another IA.

Um, not me, Jim. I'm *selling* it.

I assume your opinion is it's airworthy...getting back to the original
topic, anyone near Grass Valley wanna buy my Westach CHT/EGT? There's
at least one local A&P/IA who will sign it off....

Cheers,
Sydney