Old May 19th 05, 04:43 AM
W P Dixon

John,
Sport Pilots can not fly twin engine aircraft, they would be required to
"move up" in certificate . As for float planes , that is still being debated
by higher folks than myself. I think the meaning of sport pilot floats ,
means just floats, not amphibious ( that means retracts, which are against
sport pilot rules) I just do not see this affecting sport pilots at all,
just rec and PPL's that have been flying twins with no rating for them
because they were homebuilts or what have you.

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

"UltraJohn" wrote in message
k.net...

You need to research that further, with EAA. The interpretation is that
if
you hold a single engine land SP, you are good to go on all sp SEL. if
you want to fly a seaplane, you can, if you get a signoff for that one
model. Same for a twin.