Old September 20th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

Default Is rudder required for coordinated turns?

My Tripacer has the interconnect. I can perform easy turns with aileron
control only and stay coordinated. I can also turn with rudder pedals only,
but the bank kind of lags a little. I am able to cross control for crosswind
landings and slips since the interconnects are connected with springs. Steep
or abrupt turns require some rudder input.

mike

"Jose" wrote in message
m...
Planes like Arrows, Mooneys, Bonanzas, etc
automatically move the rudder when you roll the ailerons.

Dunno about the Mooney or Bo, but the Arrows I've flown do not have
interconnect. You have full individual control of each of the three axis.
What it =does= have is differential deflection of the alerons, which
reduces adverse yaw. The only plane I know of that had interconnect is
the Ercoupe.

Jose
--
There are more ways to skin a cat than there are cats.