Old May 17th 18, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default A Simple Question About LiFePO4 Batteries

On Thu, 17 May 2018 07:57:20 -0700, moshe.braner wrote:

Not sure how that answered the original question. But I am intrigued
with the possibility of building my own pack. Not sure I'd trust that
for flying, but perhaps for earthly pursuits. It's easy to wrap up the
cells in a sloppy mess of tape. But can one get a ready-made casing
that is similar to the SLA batteries? Or, can somebody with a dead
LiFePO4 battery send it to me so I can put new cells inside?

If you're reasonably handy with a 'Junior hacksaw' or similar fine-
toothed tool and with using rapid setting epoxy, then making a container
with the same dimensions as the SLA you're replacing is fairly easy. Make
it from 1/16" (1.5mm) epoxy plate), possible with hardwood of epoxy rod
in the corners. If you can't find it locally, epoxy plate can be sourced
from:

http://www.cstsales.com/

--
Martin | martin at